Subsidy on solar water pumps is a term that both farmers and the common man would like to learn about. But first, let’s learn about solar water pumping in India.

Solar water pump is a new technology water pumping system that is powered by solar energy. They are especially beneficial for India’s agricultural regions where grid access is limited and cost of fuels like diesel is high.

🇮🇳 हिंदी में पढ़े:

Solar Pump Yojana 2021
Solar Pump Yojana 2021

The initial investment in a solar pumping system may be higher compared to normal water pumps but it comes with numerous advantages. This is the main reason why small farmers can’t install solar water pumps in their fields. 

To solve this financial problem of farmers, the government offers various subsidy schemes, with the goal of increasing farmers’ yield and income. So let’s learn in detail about these various subsidy schemes on solar water pumps in India.

Page Highlights:

#1. PM-KUSUM Yojana Scheme

Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) is an Indian central government-sponsored scheme led by MNRE. The PM-KUSUM scheme helps Indian farmers in installing solar pumps as well as solar power plants in India.

Under KUSUM yojana, you will have to bear only 10% of the total cost. The remaining 30% will be provided by the central government and 30% by the state government as solar pump subsidies. In that way, you’ll receive a total 60% subsidy on your solar water pump. The remaining 30% will be financed.

KUSUM Scheme

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the expansion of the PM KUSUM Scheme, which will provide funds to 20 lakh farmers to install standalone solar pumps. She said while presenting the budget for 2020-21,  that 15 lakh farmers would be provided funds to set up grid-connected 15 lakh solar pumps.

#2. NABARD Subsidy Scheme

The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an Indian bank that aims to provide overall possible benefits to small and needy farmers. NABARD offers subsidies for solar power plants and solar water pumps. If a farmer wants to install a solar power plant on his property, he will have to pay only 20% of the cost of the solar plant. And to pay the remaining 80%, NABARD offers loans.

Similarly, this bank is offering a loan for installing solar water pumps. The farmers must pay only 60% of the cost of installing a solar pump and the remaining 40% will be subsidized by NABARD. However, this 60% will also be financed by this bank. These low-interest loans are available to anyone. The interest rates will basically depend on RBI’s guideline.

#3. Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana-UP

The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana. It is a subsidy scheme that provides financial assistance to farmers who want to install solar water pumps in their fields. Through this scheme the UP government aims to reduce irrigation costs and to provide uninterrupted irrigation facilities to farmers.

Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana-UP

The solar water pump subsidy will be provided jointly by the central and state governments under this scheme/yojana. If a farmer installs a solar powered water pump under Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana, he or she will receive a subsidy approximately 90% of the total cost.

#4. Punjab Solar Pump Subsidy

When other state governments like Uttar Pradesh and Haryana are providing subsidies to the farmers, how can the Punjab government fall behind? To promote green energy, the Punjab government also launched a subsidy scheme for the farmers to install solar water pumps in the agriculture and irrigation sector.

The Punjab government will provide 75 percent of the total cost as Central Financial Assistance (CFA) to farmers who want to install solar water pumps in their fields under this scheme. It not only assists the farmer in installing an alternative irrigation source, but also helps in reducing carbon footprints in our environment.

#5. Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana-MP

Madhya Pradesh has introduced and implemented the Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana. This is a joint scheme of the central government i.e. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and the government of Madhya Pradesh. The main objective of launching this scheme is to promote green energy overall in the state.

Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana-MP

Under Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana, the farmers are only required to pay 10% of the total cost of the project.  The state government will sponsor or provide the remaining 90% of the project costs, with assistance from the central government (MNRE).

#6. Haryana Solar Pump Subsidy

Haryana is a state with a lot of agricultural land. And how can this happen if the Haryana government does not implement any farmer welfare schemes? The Haryana government has also launched a solar water pump subsidy scheme to help farmers in the state and maintain their best image.

Farmers in Haryana are only required to pay 10% of the total cost under the Haryana solar pump scheme. The remaining 90% will be paid jointly by the central and state governments. To get the subsidy, contact your state solar agencies before the installation.

#7. Saur Sinchayee Yojana-HP

The Cabinet Committee of Himachal Pradesh has implemented the Saur Sinchayee Yojana. An overall budget of Rs.224 crore is being provided to allot subsidies to the farmers who want to install solar water pumps in their fields. This scheme will cover around 90% of total cost. This 90% cost will be paid by the state government and the rest of 10% would be paid by the beneficiary (small or marginal farmer of HP) themselves.

Saur Sinchayee Yojana-HP

The government of HP is also providing an 80 percent subsidy to medium and large farmers. In addition to all of these subsidies, the state government will provide 100 percent financial assistance to a group of small and marginal farmers / Kisan Vikas Sanghs / Registered Bodies of Farmers.

#8. Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana

The Maharashtra government has launched the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana to benefit small farmers across the state. Under this scheme, the Maharashtra government aims to install around 1,00,000 off-grid solar water pumps. This scheme will be implemented in three different stages.

Saur krishi pump yojana

The first phase will include the installation of 25,000 solar-powered pumps, the second phase will include the installation of 50,000 pumps, and the final phase will include the installation of the remaining 25,000 pumps. The state government will pay 90 percent of the total project cost under this scheme, with the remainder paid by the beneficiaries themselves.

#9. Rajasthan Solar Pump Yojana

The Rajasthan government is also actively promoting solar energy products throughout the state. To encourage solar water pumping systems, the Rajasthan government is also providing subsidies on solar water pumps. Subsidy on solar pumps will reduce the burden of heavy upfront investment.

Rajasthan Solar Pump Yojana

Rajasthan government works with the central government to provide subsidies for solar water pumps. The state government will provide up to 60% of the total cost under this subsidy scheme, with the owner responsible for the remainder.

#10. Surya Raitha Scheme-Karnataka

The government of Karnataka unveiled the Surya Raitha scheme in the state of Karnataka. Under this scheme, an on-grid/grid-connected solar water pump with net-metering feature will be installed. They will not only provide you with an alternative source of energy, but will also increase the income you receive from your fields.

Surya Raitha scheme

In Karnataka, the government will provide 90% subsidy under the Surya Raitha scheme and the rest of 10% will be paid by the owner. This scheme is financed by interest-free soft loans from Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM).

Steps to Apply for Subsidy on Solar Pump

S.No. Agency Name Agency Address  Contact Details
1ADMINISTRATION OF DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI

Administration of Dadra & Nagar

Haveli 1st Floor, South Wingh, New

Collectorate Building 66KV Road,

Amli , Silvassa-396230

(Mobile : 9650256310)
District : Dadra & Nagar Haveli(Email : admr-daman-guj[at]nic[dot]in)
State : DADRA and NAGAR HAVELI 
2

AGENCY FOR NON-

CONVENTIONAL ENERGY AND

RURAL TECHNOLOGY (ANERT)

Agency for Non-Conventional Energy and Rural Technology (ANERT),

VikasBhavan (P.O.),

Thiruvananthapuram- 695 033

(Kerala)

(Mobile : 9495921353)
District : Alappuzha(Landphone : 0471-2338077)
State : KERALA(Email : aneesh[at]anert[dot]in)
 (website : www.anert.gov.in)
3

ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLAND

NRSE DIVISION, PROTHRAPUR,

PORT BLAIR

Andaman & Nicobar Island NRSE Division, Prothrapur, Port Blair – 744105.(Mobile : 9434260130)
District : NORTH & MIDDLE ANDAMAN(Email : itcellelepb[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : ANDAMAN and NICOBAR ISLANDS 
4

ANDHRA PRADESH - NEW &

RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

OF ANDHRA PRADESH

(NREDCAP)

5-8-207/2, Pisgah Complex,

Nampally, Hyderabad – 500 001

(Mobile : 9000777696)
District : Guntur(Landphone : 040-23201172)
State : ANDHRA PRADESH(Email : we[at]nedcap[dot]gov[dot]in)
5

ARUNACHAL PRADESH

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (APEDA)

Urja Bhawan, Tadar Tang Marg, Post Box No. 141, Itanagar-791111(Mobile : 9436040907)
District : Lohit(Landphone : 0360-2211160)
State : ARUNACHAL PRADESH(Email : apeda79[at]yahoo[dot]com)
6

ASSAM ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY,

(AEDA)

BigyanBhawan, ABC, Near IDBI

Building,ABC, G. S. Road, Guwahati-

781 005

(Mobile : 9864094255)
District : Baksa(Landphone : 0361-2450646)
State : ASSAM(Email : assamrenewable[at]gmail[dot]com)
7

BIHAR RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(BREDA)

3rd Floor, SoneBhawan,Birchand

Patel Marg, Patna – 800 001 (Bihar)

(Mobile : 9470667150)
District : Patna(Landphone : 0612-2507734)
State : BIHAR(Email : breda[at]breda[dot]in)
8

CHANDIGARH RENEWABLE ENERGY, SCIENCE &

TECHNOLOGY PROMOTION

SOCIETY (CREST)

Chandigarh Renewable Energy,

Science & Technology Promotion Society (CREST)

ParyawaranBhawan, 1st Floor,

Madhya Marg, Sector-19-B,

Chandigarh-160009

(Mobile : 9463998525)
District : Chandigarh(Landphone : 0172-2703982)
State : CHANDIGARH(Email : crestchandigarh[at]gmail[dot]com)
9

CHATTISGARH STATE

RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(CREDA)

2nd floor, CSERC Building , Irrigation

Colony, Shanti Nagar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh -492001

(Mobile : 8889031113)
District : Raipur(Landphone : 0771-4019231)
State : CHHATTISGARH(Email : aloktv[at]gmail[dot]com)
10

DELHI - ENERGY EFFICIENCY &

RENEWABLE ENERGY

MANAGEMENT CENTRE

8th Floor Wing „B‟ Delhi Secretariat I.P Estate New Delhi- 110002 
District : New Delhi(Landphone : 011-23392034)
State : NCT OF DELHI(Email : delhi[dot]eerem[at]gmail[dot]com)
11GOA ENGERY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

DST&E Building, 1st Floor, Saligo

Plateau Opposite Saligao BardezGoa-403511

(Mobile : 9158008605)
District : NORTH GOA(Landphone : 0832-2407112)
State : GOA(Email : gedagoa[at]yahoo[dot]com)
12

GUJARAT ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(GEDA)

4th Floor, Block No. 11&12

UdyogBhavan, Sector – 11,

Gandhinagar – 382 017

(Mobile : 9909900652)
District : Gandhinagar(Landphone : 079-23257252)
State : GUJARAT(Email : director[at]geda[dot]org[dot]in)
13

HARYANA RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (HAREDA)

AkshayUrjaBhwan, Institutional Plot No. 1, Sector 17, Panchkula -134109(Mobile : 9416123050)
District : Panchkula(Landphone : 01722585733)
State : HARYANA(Email : birthal[dot]podre[at]gmail[dot]com)
 (website : www.hareda.gov.in)
14

HIMACHAL PRADESH ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(HIMURJA)

UrjaBhawan, Block 8/A, SDA

Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla-171009.

(Mobile : 9418055515)
District : Shimla(Landphone : 0177-2621783)
State : HIMACHAL PRADESH(Email : himurja-hp[at]nic[dot]in)
15

JAMMU & KASHMIR ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(JAKEDA)

Jammu & Kashmir Energy

Development Agency (JAKEDA)

Science and Technology Department

SDA Colony,Bemina ,Srinagar

(Mobile : 9419406949)
District : Srinagar(Landphone : 0194-2490269)
State : JAMMU and KASHMIR(Email : saleempnr[at]gmail[dot]com)
 (website : www.jakeda.jk.gov.in)
16

JHARKHAND RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (JREDA)

Jharkhand Renewable Energy

Development Agency (JREDA) 3rd

Floor, SLDC Building, Kusai, Doranda

Ranchi-834002. Jharkhand

(Mobile : 9431102540)
District : Ranchi(Email : director[at]jreda[dot]com)
State : JHARKHAND 

17

KARGIL RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(KREDA)

Baroo Tsog, District Kargil-Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, Pin -194105(Mobile : 9419029088)
District : Kargil(Landphone : 01985-232316)
State : JAMMU and KASHMIR(Email : kredakargil[at]gmail[dot]com)
18

KARNATAKA RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY LTD. (KREDL)

Karnataka Renewable Energy

Development Agency Ltd. (KREDL) No. 39, “Shanthigruha” Bharath

Scouts & Guides Building, Place

Road, Bangalore- 560 001

(Mobile : 9448451535)
District : Bangalore(Email : kredlmd[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : KARNATAKA 
19

LADAKH RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(LREDA)

Block II, 1st Floor, Hill Council

Secretariat, Leh-Ladakh, (194101)

Jammu & Kashmir, India

(Mobile : 9906977888)
District : Leh (Ladakh)(Landphone : 1982-257410)
State : JAMMU and KASHMIR(Email : reubengergan[at]gmail[dot]com)
 (website : www.ladakhenergy.org)
20LAKSHADWEEP - ELECTRICITY DEPARTMENTElectricity Department Lakshadweep Administration , Kavaratti – 682555(Mobile : 9650235986)
District : Lakshadweep(Email : lk-admin[at]nic[dot]in)
State : LAKSHADWEEP 
21

MAHARASHTRA ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(MEDA)

Maharashtra Energy Development

Agency (MEDA), Sl.No. 191/A,

Phase1, 2nd Floor, MHADA

Commercial Complex Opp. Tridal

Nagar, Yerawada, Pune – 411006

(Maharashtra)

(Mobile : 9552002102)
District : Pune(Landphone : 020-26614403)
State : MAHARASHTRA(Email : solar[at]mahaurja[dot]com)
22

MANIPUR RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (MANIREDA)

Manipur Renewable Energy

Development Agency (MANIREDA),

Department of Science, Technology,

Sai Road, Takyelpat,Imphal-795001 (Manipur)

(Mobile : 9436039468)
District : IMPHAL(Landphone : 0385-2452685)
State : MANIPUR(Email : mlou_singh[at]yahoo[dot]com)
23

MEGHALAYA NONCONVENTIONAL & RURAL

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (MNREDA)

Meghalaya Non-conventional & Rural Energy Development Agency (MNREDA) Near BSF Camp, P.O.

Mawpat Shillong – 793 001

(Meghalaya)

(Mobile : 9436102916)
District : South Garo Hills(Email : mnreda[dot]dir[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : MEGHALAYA 
24MP URJAVIKAS NIGAM LTD.

MP UrjaVikas Nigam Ltd.,

UrjaBhawan, Link Road No.2 Shivaji

Nagar, Bhopal -462016

(Mobile : 7558556526)
District : Bhopal(Landphone : 0755-2556526)
State : MADHYA PRADESH(Email : mduvnb[at]gmail[dot]com)
 (website : www.mprenewable.nic.in)
25

NAGALAND RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (NREDA)

Nagaland Renewable Energy

Development Agency (NREDA)

Department of New and Renewable

Energy Old Industries & Commerce Office Building Upper Chandmare, Kohina-797001Nagaland.

(Mobile : 9436005673)
District : Kohima(Email : dirdnre[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : NAGALAND 
26ODISHA RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

Odisha Renewable Energy

Development Agency S-59,

Mancheswar Industrial Estate

Bhubaneswar – 751 010 (Odisha)

(Mobile : 9668582360)
District : Baleshwar(Email : ceoreda[at]oredaorissa[dot]com)
State : ORISSA 
27

PUNJAB ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(PEDA)

Punjab Energy Development Agency

(PEDA) SCO 134-136, Sector 34-A,

Chandigarh-160036

(Mobile : 9876693975)
District : Ludhiana(Email : blsingh29[at]rediffmail[dot]com)
State : PUNJAB 
28

RAJASTHAN RENEWABLE

ENERGY CORPORATION

LIMITED (RRECL)

Rajasthan Renewable Energy

Corporation Limited E 166 Yudhister

Marg CScheme Jaipur 302001

Rajasthan

(Mobile : 9413333095)
District : Jaipur(Landphone : 0141-2225859)
State : RAJASTHAN(Email : rrec_jaipur[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in)
29RENEWABLE ENERGY AGENCY OF PONDICHERRY

Renewable Energy Agency of

Pondicherry No.10, Second Main Road, Elango Nagar,Pondicherry – 605011.

(Mobile : 9876485962)
District : Puducherry(Landphone : 0413-2354319)
State : PUDUCHERRY(Email : pdreap[at]gmail[dot]com)
30SIKKIM RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

Sikkim Renewable Energy

Development Agency, Government of

Sikkim, D.P.H. Road (Near

JantaBhawan), Gangtok – 737 101.

(Sikkim)

 
District : East(Landphone : 044-28224830)
State : SIKKIM(Email : siphoratargain[at]sreda[dot]gov[dot]in)
31

TAMIL NADU ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(TEDA)

Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency (TEDA) 5th Floor, Door No. 68 College Road, EVK Sampath

Building, Maaligai, Chennai – 600 006

 
District : Chennai(Email : cmdteda[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : TAMIL NADU 
32

TELANGANA STATE

RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

LTD (TSREDCO)

Executive Engineer 5-8-207/2, Pisgah

Complex, Nampally, Hyderabad, 500001

(Mobile : 9948052767)
District : Hyderabad(Landphone : 040-23201502)
State : TELANGANA

(Email :

se[at]tnredcl[dot]telangana[dot]gov[dot]in)

 (website : www.tnredcl.telangana.gov.in/)
33

TRIPURA RENEWABLE ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(TREDA)

Tripura Renewable Energy

Development Agency (TREDA)

VigyanBhawan, 2nd Floor, Pandit

Nehru Complex Gorkhabasti, Agartala – 799 006

(Mobile : 9436167937)
District : North Tripura(Landphone : 0381-2325900)
State : TRIPURA(Email : tredaagartala[at]gmail[dot]com)
34

UP NEW AND RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (UPNEDA)

UP New and Renewable Energy

Development Agency (UPNEDA)

VibhutiKhand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow – 226 010

(Mobile : 9415609002)
District : Lucknow(Landphone : 0522-2720652)
State : UTTAR PRADESH(Email : dirupneda[at]gmail[dot]com)
 (website : www.neda.up.org.in)
35

UTTRAKHAND RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (UREDA)

Uttrakhand Renewable Energy

Development Agency (UREDA) Urja

Park Campus, Industrial Area, Patel

Nagar,Dehradun-248001

(Mobile : 8307604555)
District : Dehradun(Landphone : 0135-2521387)
State : UTTARAKHAND(Email : director[dot]uredahq[at]gmail[dot]com)
36

WEST BENGAL RENEWABLE

ENERGY DEVELOPMENT

AGENCY (WBREDA)

West Bengal Renewable Energy

Development Agency (WBREDA)

Bikalpa Shakti Bhawan, Plot- J-1/10,

Sector- V, EP & GP Block, Salt Lake,

Electronic Complex, Kolkata- 700091

(Mobile : 9433170537)
District : Kolkata(Email : director[dot]wbreda[at]gmail[dot]com)
State : WEST BENGAL 
37

ZORAM ENERGY

DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

(ZEDA)

Zoram Energy Development Agency

(ZEDA), ZEDA Building, Above 132

KV Sub - Station, Zuangtui, P.O,

Zemabawk–796017 Aizawl, Mizoram

(Mobile : 9436145042)
District : AIZAWL(Email : zedaaizawl[at]hotmail[dot]com)

Top 10 Solar Brands of Solar Pump in India

Installing a solar pump is an investment that will pay off in the long run. So only go with a solar brand that you know you can rely on for a long time. Below is a list of the top ten solar pump brands in India. All of these brands’ solar pumps are of high quality and efficiency. You can choose any of these options based on your preferences.

  • Tata Power Solar Pump
  • Shakti Solar Pump
  • Falcon Solar Pump
  • Amrut Solar Pump
  • Crompton Solar Pump
  • Lubi Solar Pump
  • Waaree Solar Pump
  • Texmo Solar Pump
  • Oswal Solar Pump
  • KBL Solar Pump

Frequently Asked Question

All farmers, homeowners and NPOs (Non-Profit Organizations) can install a solar water pump on subsidy.

It depends on the capacity of the solar water pump and government subsidy on your state.

Yes, the government is providing upto 90% subsidy on solar panels according to its installation purpose.

Apply online through the Kusum portal, fill in the necessary information and pay the charges to register yourself for this scheme.

Kusum solar pump yojana is a central government sponsored scheme. Under this scheme, the government is providing a 60% subsidy to install solar water pumps in India.

Yes, PM Kusum yojana is a centrally sponsored scheme.

Yes, off course. You can sell excess electricity to the government through net-metering.

For buying any capacity solar water pump, you can contact us.

Top Solar Brands in India

✍️ Written by: Akhil Sharma & Updated On: 22/11/2021 By: Bhanwar Chauhan

Best Selling Products

Our Amazon Store